Thursday, August 25, 2011

GM Merit Badges

Stewart at Strange Magic made a set of badges for DMs to communicate their refereeing styles. This is pretty cool so I thought I would make a post to sorta break up the characterizing-through-characters thing I've been doing, now that I reached my goal of Good, Evil and Home. The badges are vaguely in order of importance.
My games focuses on Exploration & Mystery
The GM is In Charge in my games and "rule-zero" is in effect

mostly because of the next badge and the need to keep things moving

My games rely on a lot of Improvisation rather than pre scripted content
My game focuses on Player Skill rather than character abilities
Tactics are an important part of my games
My games include Disturbing content
I frequently Tinker with the rules of the game
My games are Gonzo and can include a lot of strangeness
I will Mirror back player ideas I think are interesting in the game

One might care to note that character deaths are not listed as common or rare. In my games if a player messes up and the chances of death are high, but the dice won't kill if the players are playing smart.

No comments:

Post a Comment